Wednesday, July 16, 2008

Anheuser-Busch InBev Deal

I have waited to make any commentary about the sale of AB to InBev. I am disheartened by the sale and really have to say that the real boob in the whole deal is August Busch IV. I really don't care how much money he made on the deal even if it made him the richest man in the world (it didn't) but he just sold away his birthright and 5 generations of an American and St. Louis Institution. Well, he is a little rich kid who never had to work for anything in his life I can see how he screwed the pooch on this one.

However, in his defense, I really think the person who should be at fault, the person who made this all possible is August the III. He is the one that I think really laid the groundwork for his son to screw it all up.

Now the rest of us are just going to have to wait and see what happens to all the little guys. As I read in an article, one AB employee said "If you're near the beer, you're in the clear." Which I believe is true, It is the corporate overlap, HR, Marketing, Management, etc. where the blood will flow like Budweiser from an open tap. I heard on TV that they plan to do it over the course of 5 years.

No comments: